Field Application Engineer to Vaisala – Stockholm
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer to join the Industrial Measurement organization at Vaisala in Stockholm area. You will travel to our customer's in following locations: Uppsala, Stockholm, Tullinge, Huddinge, Södertälje and Malmö. So if you enjoy travelling for work in exciting missions, read on.
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. They are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and the technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world – even on Mars!
You will be part of the Field Service team consisting of six engineering professionals. Together with the team, you play a key role in improving the reliability and quality of our high-tech products. In this role, you will perform calibration, testing, maintenance, and routine inspections of the products. You will be working in close co-operation with our sales team, R&D professionals, and customers. Domestic travelling in Sweden is expected in this role as most of your working time will be spent on customer locations. You will report to Head of Field Service, EMEA.
WHAT IS OUR OFFER FOR YOU?
This is a great learning opportunity for an independent tech enthusiast, who enjoys working with people and equipment. You get to work with space-proof and science-based technology products, which are helping Vaisala’s customers to solve many of the global challenges of our time. For example, our products enable understanding and mitigation of as well as adaptation to climate change. We measure at over 70% of airports globally, our products have helped to develop COVID-19 vaccines reliably, and our instruments monitor some of the most prestigious artwork in the world. We are a truly global company with 22 subsidiaries in 16 different countries with sales in over 150 countries.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Take responsibility for onsite Single/Multi Point calibrations and onsite and remote installation, validation, and mapping.
- Do troubleshooting, configuration and documentation of services performed.
- Offer service for CMS (continuous monitoring system).
- Relationship building with customers.
- Manage workload, expenses, and service reports.
- Assist with developing internal process improvements and documentation.
- Plan and schedule work with customers and provide training to them.
If you want to work for a company that has a truly positive impact on our planet, you have come to the right place!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- A suitable technical degree and a couple years of working experience. There are great possibilities to develop and grow professionally!
- Previous work experience with wired and wireless TCP/IP networks.
- Basic understanding of calibration.
- Fluent Swedish and English language skills.
Due to the nature of the work, some work might be performed in elevated, enclosed spaces and in cold environments.
This is a permanent position, Monday to Friday, working hours is 8-17. You will have an extensive welcoming and on-boarding that will take place in Helsinki and will regard culture and product.
Leading performance, not location. Our culture is trust-based. We treasure face-to-face collaboration with our colleagues, but hybrid work and flexibility are the new norm for us.
If this sounds appealing, please submit your CV and a brief introduction about yourself. Please note that we will conduct a security clearance for the selected candidate. Apply today as the position may be filled before the application deadline.